Early Childhood Development (ECD)
The Prospectus is a general information booklet containing all the administrative information that you will need for the ECD programme.
Please click here for theecd schedule.pdf . or refer to page 16 in the PROSPECTUS.
For information about the training venuesclick here , or refer to Page 17 in the PROSPECTUS.
Please please click here for the whole booklet:ecd prospectus 2011-2012.pdf
Please click on this link for the ecd schedule.pdf
Click on this link to find out about thevenues.
The Gauteng Department of Education is providing training to ECDI practitioners to prepare young learners for the Foundation Phase Programme in schools. ECDI practititioners will qualify with a level 4 certificate. The training programme runs over 18 months.
- This is a full qualification at NQF Level that comprises 22 modules with a total of 140 credits which require 1 400 notional hours to complete.
- Unit Standard requirements indicate that a maximum of 500 notional hours must be spent in face-to-face contact which has been divided between on-the-job training, completion of assignments and self-study time. This translates into 60-70 days of training.
- A clustered approach will be adopted according to the 5 municipal areas across the province where training will happen in Tshwane, Gauteng West, Johannesburg, Ekurhuleni and Sedibeng.
- Each cluster will service approximately 400 participants divided into 16 groups of 25.
- In addition, on-site support will be given by the facilitators to ensure implementation of the skills acquired in the training. To this end, 32 facilitators/assessors will be appointed to roll out this programme and assist participants.
- Continuous assessment after the completion of a Theme or Module will be conducted to ensure the full grasp of the subject matter.
It is important that practitioners attend every session. They are expected to implement training in the classroom environment. Matthew Goniwe School of Leadership and Governance will conduct site-based visits to assist practitioners.
Participants will also receive a learner Workbook and Assessment Guide.